Welcome to the (EYFS) Foundation Stage!
In the mixed unit, Nursery and Reception children will follow the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum in an environment which will allow them to:
- Build on their own experiences and encounter new experiences
- Extend and develop new and existing skills
- Grow in confidence
- Become an independent learner
Throughout the day, your child will learn through a variety of adult-led acitivites, focused activities, child initiated acitivites, challenge times and independent play. Staff in the Foundation Stage work together as a team to ensure that your child has the opportunities to reach their full potential. We strive to create a safe, happy, nuturing, positive learning environment.
Day to Day Routines
- Children come straight into class through the side door at 8.45am and are to be picked up at 3.30pm from the same door.
- Reception Reading books are changed once a week on a Monday. Children are given 3 books a week, and come home with instructions on how to use them.
- Nursery enjoy library time every Thursday.
- All children have Lunchtime at 12pm.
- All children participate in PE, ICT, Food Technology and Show and Tell once a week.
The continuous provision set up in our EYFS unit provides opportunities for the children to develop their confidence in both indoor and outdoor independent play. Within each area of continuous provision there are specific challenges for the children to complete to ensure extended learning is taking place.